Effective December 1, 2012
switched to Time Warner Cable.
The New Channel Lineup
Process for reporting a problem with
your cable TV service.
To report a problem with the cable TV service in your dorm room please call
Once a service representative comes online inform them that you are from RPI and if asked about an account number say you do not have one but still need service.
Order any Time Warner service and RPI gets $25!
Do you live off campus?
Are you about to order cable TV, internet, or phone service from Time Warner?
Would you like to help fund the Rensselaer Television Network and its activities?
Simply go to http://www.TWCBack2School.com, fill out the form, and someone will call you right back to confirm your appointment.
Cable TV RPI gets $25
Internet Service RPI gets $25
Phone Service RPI gets $25
Order all three and RPI gets $75
It’s that simple.
Trouble Shooting Tip's or Why isnt my TV working?
- Verify if the problem is in your room or in the building by asking a neighbor or going to a public TV and scanning the channels.
- If the problem is happening with them, follow the directions above for reporting the problem.
- If the other displays are fine and you still have no reception.
- Verify that the wire which connects the wall outlet to your display is fully seated and tight.
- If you have more than one device inline, e.g. you have a VCR, remove these additional device(s) and plug straight into the display. Then verify signal again.
- If still bad, follow the directions above for reporting the problem.
- If the other displays are fine and you still bad reception or missing channels.
- Rescan your TV’s internal tuner and verify again. Unfortunately there are many types of TV tuners and no one set of directions will be accurate. But the following are from a LG LCD display.
- Press Menu on the remote control
- Select Channel
- Select Auto Tune
At this point the TV tuner will begin scanning the channels. Depending on how many “bands” of channels your TV handles, e.g. digital/analog/CATV/DTV, this operation can take up to 5 minutes.
- If after the scan you still are experiencing difficulties please follow the directions noted above for reporting an issue.
One final note regarding TV Tuners, it is possible that you are receiving the channels but not in the exact lineup noted online in the PDF.
An example might be with MTV2, where we have found that some of the older displays we use do not show it on Channel 30.1, but rather on 100-30. This is due to the firmware in the display and not with the broadcasted signal.
Pictured below is a representative communications outlet found
in the residence halls. On each communications outlet, the "Cable
TV" connection is the cable TV source. Outlet configurations vary,
so if your room does not have a communications outlet, locate the
connection in your room that matches the metal "Cable TV" connection
shown in the picture. That is your cable TV source.